Sports & Physical Education
Glebe Sports and Physical Education
We are proud of our sporting achievements and celebrate our successes. We have been Bolsover Schools Sports Partnership Large School Champion Sports School for last 9 years, in 2016 we were third overall in Derbyshire.
For all our Sports and PE successes, please see Latest News.
Gold Award Mark for Sports
We have have now achieved the Sainsbury’s Gold Standard Mark for Sports. Thank you to everyone who has supported our sporting activities this year and helped towards our application for Gold. Should we be successful again we will be aiming for platinum!
Please also see our achievements on www.derbyshiresport.co.uk
The PE and Sport Premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money. Maintained schools receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil in years 1 to 6 based upon the annual census.
Sporting legacy from the Olympics is promoted though the County Sports Partnerships and the Sainsbury’s School Games. Glebe Junior School participate fully in all aspects of the local Sports Partnership. Mrs Watson, Y5 Teacher, is the School Sports co-ordinator for South Normanton and Pinxton schools. The Sainsbury’s School Games is a national programme that aims to motivate and inspire millions of young people across the country to take part in more competitive sport.
Glebe Junior School Allocation
Our sports premium for 2017/2018 is approximately £20,320 at April 2018
Spending Allocation for Sports Premium
- Hired qualified teachers in gymnastics and other sports to work alongside our staff to improve skills.
- Staff have attended training courses.
- Taken full part in the Change for Life programme.
- Hired an additional swimming coach to be in the water to support all children to reach the required standard.
- Launched and run the Golden Mile to promote fitness and resilience for all.
- Employed additional playworker to run competitions at lunchtime.
- Elected House Captains to lead on more inter house competitions in school.
- Entered all local competitions with staff and children travelling to many sports fixtures.
- Engaged support for lunchtime clubs including girl’s football, tag rugby, cricket.
- Utilised in-house expertise to raise the standards of games and PE teaching.
- Engaged in Boccia to promote sport for disabled children, including visit from Paralympian with all classes.
Developing successful lives
We value, honesty, respect and fulfilment
Chair of Governors
Headteacher - Mr Steve Watson
Glebe Junior School